There is a beautiful 1857 map of “Lincoln County”…
Posted on May 4, 2017
There is a beautiful 1857 map of “Lincoln County” (this was before Knox County was formed) in the basement of the St. George Town Office. Here is a photo of the inset of “Tennants Harbour”. Note the sail loft at the site of the Lillius Gilchrist Institute (now the Granite Gallery), and a “Ship Bldng Co Yd” on Mechanic Street.